Reports To: Director of Manufacturing
Responsible for the programming and integration of high-tech laser systems to start and / or adjust job production; sets up computer programs to begin production by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot and repair any broken or nonfunctioning mechanical or electrical device, Laser based or otherwise, at Laser Light
- High voltage troubleshooting
- Handling and changing of compressed gas cylinders
- Utilize present parts or resources in the repair of these devices whenever possible
- Expedite the requisition of new parts for the repair process
- Document the maintenance to the equipment to satisfy quality
- File records of all requisitions, and correspondences with other companies
- Be receptive to the needs or demands of all Laser Light employees, in order to facilitate productivity
- Bring to the attention of the ownership, any facility problem that may need to be addressed
- Control and monitor measuring equipment
- Write description of preventive maintenance for all equipment at LLTI based on technical documentation provided with equipment
- Establish schedule of preventive maintenance and perform preventive maintenance on all equipment both process and facility related
- Order spare parts and consumables as needed
- Create and maintain log of inspection equipment and calibration schedule for in-house and off-site calibration
- Train on all existing and new equipment at LLTI
- Ability to multi-task
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to interpret electrical and/or optical schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot complex electrical circuits and optical systems
- Must have knowledge of linear and rotary stages
- Ability to program using Cad or G-code based systems
- Must be safety oriented and generally organized
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE
Associates of Applied Sciences in Electronics, Lasers and Electro-optics
Minimum of 2 years working industry experience
Basic math, statistics
Ability to form independent conclusions related to tasks. Ability to problem-solve technical challenges and obstacles encountered in processing of complex applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Integrate hardware and components of laser systems
- Use computers
- Use of tools and various instruments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Production Area
- R&D, Clean room and environmentally controlled areas
- Executive Management and Administrative areas
- Hardware and tooling areas