The Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Working knowledge and design experience using SolidWorks software for Parts, Drawings and Assemblies. Able to create exploded views of assemblies with a BOM table.
- Should have at least limited knowledge of AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor software. Need to be able to search and open files, then convert to SolidWorks for part development.
- Able to read and interoperate drawing specifications and tolerances.
- Self starter who works well with Laser and Quality Engineers in a team environment. Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities to meet customer needs.
- Must be organized, methodical and able to prioritize and work with limited supervision.
- Understanding of geometric tolerances.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibilities are to use SolidWorks CAD software to design fixtures to hold customer parts during the Laser cutting, cleaning and inspection processes. Parts and therefore tooling will be evaluated using computerized test equipment and Statistical Process Control.
- Develop specifications and create drawings to work with machine shops and develop fixture tooling in a timely fashion.
- Develop automated designs for high volume part production as required.