This position will be responsible for functions in financial and accounting areas such as; managing vendor transactions, purchasing company materials and supplies, tracking orders, managing company receivables, payables, general ledger and financial analysis and report generation.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to the financial controller and will work with other departments on purchasing and financial matters as needed with general supervision.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & STANDARDS:
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain to support business functions
- After obtaining a purchase order, negotiates prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors and/or shipping companies.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers through KPI metrics, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers
- Follows up on the delivery of incoming supplies ensuring they are delivered on time and accurately
- Ability and knowledge to maintain and improve the supply chain/purchasing process with the use of new procedures and/or software
- Ability to analyze trends and assist with job cost and profitability reporting
- Generates reports to internal management and external parties as needed
- Maintains and implements new financial processes and procedures that increase departmental efficiencies
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Processes accounts receivable and payable including posting transactions, checks for accuracy and sets up/maintains customer and vendor profiles
- Performs daily accounting processes including journal entries, account reconciliations and general ledger transactions
- Addresses inquiries from customers and vendors about purchases or accounting issues, and takes appropriate action to resolve
- Assist in maintaining Laser Light Technologies, Inc.’s open-book management processes and culture
- Ability to operate as a backup for the financial controller as needed
- Performs other purchasing and financial tasks as assigned by the controller
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (minimum needed to begin in the job)
- Bachelors in Business, Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ years of purchasing and accounting experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with advanced Excel skills
- Ability to create, and modify spreadsheets with formulas, and pivot tables
- Excel macros knowledge preferred
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize and self-start
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS SO CLASSIFIED.